PRIVACY & PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The Website www.aksconference.com, hereinafter the “Website”, is managed by the “AKS HOTELS S.A.” having its seat on 346, Kifisias Ave. (hereinafter “AKS Hotels”), that happens to be the Controller of personal data we collect from you when you visit our Website, namely all information that identifies you as persons or may identify you directly or indirectly.
“AKS Hotels” attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data and it has taken all necessary steps to safeguard the security and confidentiality of information related to visitors/ users of the Website.
Please read carefully this Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy of our Website in order to find out what information we collect from you when you visit and use our Internet services, the information poster on it, their use and your rights.
This Policy is deemed to constitute notification of the data subjects in accordance with articles 13-14 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the EE 679/2016. Should you have any questions regarding this Policy and in general the way “AKS Hotels” collects and processes your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OUR WEBSITE
- Information automatically collected when visiting and interacting in our Website
Simple browsing of our Website does not require the visitor to provide/ enter personal data. However, some information may be automatically collected only by visiting and browsing our Website, which may identify you, directly or indirectly, such as:
- you computer’s Internet protocol address (ΙΡ),
- the type of browser and the operating system,
- the websites you visited just before and after visiting our website,
- the speed of the connection and information about the software installed on your computer,
- basic connection information with the server; and
- Information collected through HTML, cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies (see below in Cookies section).
- Information you provide us directly
2.1. On-line reservations
In case the visitor of the Website wishes to express his interest in organizing a conference event, they are invited to fill in the requested information, upon submission of which the Website collects and processes, upon your consent, the following personal data:
- name and surname
- message title (free text)
- message content (free text of the person concerned)
- reservation dates and type of room.
- Company name/ Organization for which he / she is interested (optional).
2.2. Information/ newsletter mailing
The user may also declare through our Website if they want to receive information/ newsletters by adding their e-mail address in the contact list of AKS Hotels.
By using this Website and without prejudice to provisions of law regarding consent to send electronic communications for communications and direct marketing purposes, you provide your express content for all the above cases of processing and communication of your personal data. You are free to revoke your consent at any time. If you wish to revoke your consent, please let us know, by sending your request at: email@example.com. Any revocation of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data until then.
Regarding the information automatically collected when you browse our Website, you are kindly request to abstain from visiting it, if you do not want the collection and processing of this information.
PURPOSES OF THE COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- To contact you:
With your consent, provided by your submission of the contact form, we may use the information we collect to contact you, in order to inform you of the possibility of organizing a conference event for which you have expressed an interest, and also for any other issues you have raised by filling out the contact form.
Also with your consent, we use your contact information (e-mail) in order to send you newsletters of “AKS Hotels”, with our news and offers.
- For statistical analysis:
In order to learn more about the way our Website is used by its visitors, we keep in aggregated form and we analyze all data collected. We may use this information, for instance, to monitor and analyze the use of the Website, to enhance its functionality and to better shape its content and design according to the needs of our visitors.
When directly collecting information from you, we ensure to ascertain which of the collected personal information concern minors. In all cases, if we find out that we have collected any minor’s personal information without verifiable parental consent in accordance with the provisions of article 8 of the General Data Protection Regulation of EU 679/2016), we shall delete this information from our database as soon as possible. If you believe that we have collected information by a minor younger than16 years old, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
USE AND EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION
“AKS Hotels” respects your right to protect your privacy and the information about your and therefore uses this information for the above purposes. Therefore, it does not disclose, transmit and make available to third parties any information about you. Moreover, we do not transmit such information outside the European Union.
We may make this information about you available to other companies, applications or persons in the below cases:
- We may disclose to third parties aggregated information or information that do not identify you directly to be able to develop the content and the services of our Website. Please note that we do not disclose in any way your contact information to third parties.
- We may or will use third parties for the provision of services related to our Website, such as database management, provision of maintenance services, analytics, marketing activities, data processing and e-mail and text messages delivery. These third parties shall have access to your information only regarding the performance of the above tasks on our behalf and under explicit contractual obligations regarding your privacy and personal data protection.
- We may communicate information about you in case “AKS Hotels” is acquired or merged with another company or a similar business transaction takes place. However, in that case, our Website will inform you by placing a prominent notice in it or sending relevant update to your e-mail address you have provided us, before the information about you are transmitted and in general fall within a different personal data protection policy.
- We may communicate information about you in order to explore, prevent or proceed to actions on illegal activities, if unlawful behaviour or offences are suspected against rights and legitimate interests of any natural or legal person, in case of breach of the Conditions of Use of our Website or when required by the law, as well as in all other cases we assume in good faith that the communication of information is required.
- We may communicate your information in order to respond to court summons, search warrants, court proceedings, judicial orders, lawful proceedings or other enforcement measures by any competent authority, including the Hellenic Data Protection Authority and the Data Protection Supervisory Authorities of other countries members of the European Union, as well as in order to safeguard and defend our legitimate rights or to contest claims against us.
Please note that third parties may collect data about you in an independent manner, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click on, by means of cookies, the clicks on links or other means during your visit. For further information, see below the section “Cookies”.
INFORMATION RETENTION PERIOD
“AKS Hotels” shall keep the personal data collected through its Website for the absolutely necessary time period in order to fulfill the above processing purposes. If you revoke your consent to the collection and processing of your personal data, we shall delete your data from our electronic and physical archives, unless their retention becomes necessary in compliance with our legal obligation or for the exercise, establishment or defend of our rights or legal interests before courts.
The security of your personal data is an absolute commitment for us. In order to do so, we implement all modern and suitable for the purposes of processing technical and organisational measures, the responsiveness and adequacy of which we regularly check.
You may exercise the following rights, as applicable:
- the right of access, in order to find out which of your data we process, for what purpose and their recipients,
- the right to rectification, in order to rectify any data that are incomplete or inaccurate,
- the right to erasure (right to be forgotten), in order to erase your personal data from our files, only when their processing is no longer required or the retention of your data is not necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to defend our legal interests before the Courts,
- the right to restriction of processing, in case the accuracy of your data is contested
- the right to portability, in order to receive your data in a structured and commonly used format
- the right to object, if you do not want your data to be used for direct marketing purposes of our services. “AKS Hotels” does not proceed to profiling on the basis of the personal data you provide us through this Website
For the exercise of your rights, you are kindly requested to send a related request at email@example.com.
“AKS Hotels” shall make every endeavours to correspond to all your related requests within thirty days from its receipt. However, whenever the complexity of your request or due to the volume of information, it is not possible to satisfy your request within thirty days, “AKS Hotels” undertakes to inform you within the above time in writing about the reasons justifying the delay and make its best efforts to satisfy your request as soon as possible and in any case within two more months.
“AKS Hotels” reserves the right not to satisfy your request in case this is deemed manifestly unfounded or excessive, by informing you of the grounds for this dissatisfaction.
In any case, you are entitled to lodge a complaint before the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
What cookies are and why they are used by the Company.
Cookies are small pieces of information stored in computers in order to recognise the browser you use during your browsing on websites. The device identifiers are collected from the available information of the system, which may be included in the IP addresses, user information (browser version, operating system type and version) or identifiers created by devices, such as Apple identifiers for advertisers, Apple identifiers for suppliers, Android identifiers of Google or advertising identifiers of Google Play Store. Cookies and similar technologies may be used to memorise data, such as identifiers and users’ preferences.
Moreover, cookies help us monitor the performance and traffic of our Website, improving its display and content, in accordance with our visitors’ preferences.
What cookies do we use?
Some or all cookies described below may be stored in the browser. You may see and manage the cookies in the browser (however in browsers for portable devices they may not provide this visibility). Our Website may use the following cookies:
- Technically necessary cookies:
The technically necessary cookies are substantial for the correct functioning of our Website, allow you to browse and use it. These cookies do not recognize your personal identity.
Without these cookies, we cannot provide efficient functioning of our Website.
Moreover, these cookies allow our Website to remember your choices, such as the font size, so as to provide improved and personalised functions.
- Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information regarding the way you use our Website, for instance, which websites you visit more often. These cookies collect aggregated, anonymous information that do not identify visitors. They are exclusively used for the improvement of our website performance.
Our Website supports remarketing services for advertising the company in third party websites.
Remarketing service of Google AdWords is provided by Google Inc.
Google also suggests installing the browser add-on of Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your browser. The opt-out add-on of GoogleAnalytics allows visitors to avoid the collection and use of their data by GoogleAnalytics.
For further information regarding the privacy practices of Google, visit the website of Google at http://www.google.com/intl/el/policies/privacy/
These cookies collect aggregated information on the proper functioning and any existence of errors on our Website, as for example if a user searches for a previous version or if there has been a violation of some files.
You may activate, disable or completely erase cookies from the settlements of the browser you use.
For instance, in Chrome, you may select the menu of Chrome, then choose Settings/ Privacy/ Content Settings and change the cookies settings in accordance with your preferences.
If you choose to disable cookies, certain parts of the website may not operate sufficiently.
Further information about the types of cookies are available on the website http://www.allaboutcookies.org. If you want to learn how to check or remove the cookies, you may visit the website www.AboutCookies.org.
If you have any questions about this Policy or in general in relation to the activities of “AKS Hotels”, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS POLICY
“AKS Hotels” reserves the right to modify this Policy, always in accordance with the applicable rules of law about privacy protection and personal data protection. Our Website visitors should regularly read this Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy to be informed of any changes occurring, while “AKS Hotels” undertakes to make the necessary updates of its visitors and users by all appropriate means, in compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU 679/2016.